If you like badass movies, epic plot lines, are not easily offended, or no longer have the option of spring break freedom, you should check out the recently released flick “Spring Breakers” for some dark, twisted, and well-thought out shenanigans. The new box office sensation is on everyone’s lips. Including mine. I’m not embarrassed to say I liked it! It’s controversial, but clever. Twisted, yet funny. Check out my top five reasons why you should see “Spring Breakers” below.
1) James Franco in full on corn rows and a grill. Need I say more?
Image source The Crosby Press
2) Along with some seamless dubstep, the opening scene satirizes the epic nature of Spring Break including some slow-mo nudity, beer bongs, and hilarious party antics.
3) There may be a scene where the cast breaks out into an epic Britney Spears song on a grand piano.
4) Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens lose their squeaky clean Disney princess reputation. In a dark and slightly messed up way.
Image source NPR
5) It wasn’t predictable. This one kept me guessing and jumping in my seat. I was strangely surprised!
Bottom line, you should see the flick if you enjoy dark comedy, or you just want to see James Franco get all kinds of strange. If you don’t believe me, watch the trailer for yourself. As a fair warning, this flick isn’t for the faint of heart.
Posted by Carolyn