Image source Buzzfeed
In the midst of every tabloid’s early 2013 recap of the past year’s worst celeb bodies, bare faces and breakups, I’d like to take this opportunity to acknowledge a break-out star who totally knocked my socks off in the last 12 months: 22-year-old Hunger Games hottie Jennifer Lawrence.
JLaw’s debut performance in Suzanne Collins’ first HG flick blew us all away back in March, but I hold true to the fact that the best is yet to come from last year’s hottest new starlet. While we await her next genius move, below are just a few points that support her standing as 2012’s Most Badass Babe (a highly coveted title):
- She’s just as tough as Katniss in real life.
- The gal got to make out with Bradley Cooper (swoon!) and bust a move with him in this killer dance routine in Silver Linings Playbook.
- She loves Honey Boo Boo as much as yours truly.
- Her lack of filter is hilarious. Example A: In March, she told Rolling Stone “I’m the fastest pee-er ever. I’m famous for it.” Excellent.
- She digs Dance Moms and Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
- In a January cover story, she told Vanity Fair that “acting is stupid” and she’s “not saving anybody’s life,” making the rest of us common folk feel a small step closer to her equals.
- She claims to “eat like a caveman” (another thing we have in common).
- She’ll shut you down if you call her fat (You go girl).
- Regardless of all her awesome quirks and quotes, she pulls off steamy photo-shoots like this and this on the reg.
Congratulations on the new title, Jen! We know you’ll be hanging this post on your wall next to your many Teen Choice and MTV Movie Awards. Counting down the days ‘til your similarly badass role in Catching Fire!
Posted by Mary